Finishing off Summer with a Bang…
I’m back again with another summer salad recipe. This time, grilled lemon chicken salad. I’m having a moment with salad, I’m bored of slaving over the stove. Now, this recipe does involve a little stove-top time, but not that much. A mere 10 minutes, which is hardly anything.
I saw something similar to this recipe on my Instagram feed, but I couldn’t find out what they used for the dressing and marinade. Having a play around with things I had in my kitchen, I finally got it. This honey mustard dressing will last a while. So you could make a large portion and keep it in a jar for any other salads your want throughout the week.
Chicken wise, you could bake it. But honestly, you want the chargrill on the chicken for extra taste. If you have the means, then get out the BBQ and get grilling properly. The taste will be epic.
Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad.
This dish is ideal for a summer gathering. Serve as a big heaping with friends and family. Make a heap of it and have some for leftovers the next day. This will keep for a couple of days, so you’ll be fueled during your working week.
Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 bag mixed leaf salad
- 1 cup plum tomatoes
- 250 g diced bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- To make the dressing for the salad, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper. Set to one side.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with 1/3 of the dressing. Let sit for 10 minutes. Set your skillet to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until lightly charred and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add boiling water to a large pot. Boil the rice, according to package directions. Once cooked, drain the pot. Add the cheese and 1/3 of the dressing and toss to combine. At the same time, heat oil in a small pan and cook the diced bacon until crispy.
- Place the salad leaves on a large plate. Add the tomatoes and peppers. Next, add the rice, spreading it around the plate. Top with the chicken, bacon and avocado. Serve warm.