I always want to be completely transparent with you guys, this is why the terms & conditions section of An Edited Lifestyle exists. The rules are constantly changing with disclaiming, and are not always very clear. The way I do it works not only for me but also for my readers. If there’s anything that isn’t clear or you want more clarification, please feel free to contact me.
SPONSORED CONTENT & COLLABORATIONS.
It’s an honour that my dear little blog has got to that point where brands want to work with me; either by a gifting process or paid editorial. Gifted posts will have a disclaimer at the bottom of the post. Any paid editorials will also have a disclaimer at the bottom of the post. Therefore, I will mark them with an AD/ *sponsored content before the main blog post starts.
I only work with brands that I truly love or have a genuine interest in. I will never work with a brand which I don’t like or believe to be true to this blog’s ethos. As always, even with sponsored content, all thoughts, opinions, hints or tips are my own.
Also, thank you in advance for any brands who think of me as a good match for a collaboration. I do appreciate it.
SPONSORED SOCIAL MEDIA.
Again, it’s amazing to have a platform whereby I can earn some extra pennies on. From time to time, there may be posts on my Instagram feed that are gifted or paid for. With both these types of posts, I will always mark them with #ad, [AD | gifted product] or AD | in the caption and will try to be as clear as possible in the text. No sneakily trying to hide it in the comments, I’m proud of the collaborations I do!
With Twitter or Facebook (which are few and far between), again, I’ll include the hashtag #ad within the post.
I do use affiliate links on both the blog and Instagram. These take on the form of product links, widgets and linked images. These have been created by Reward Style. I do earn a few pennies from you clicking on them. However, these links do not cost you, the reader anything. I will only link products that I truly love or am lusting after. If a post contains any affiliate links, an AD disclaimer is shown at the top of the post.
This Application collects some Personal Data from its Users.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED.
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties. There are Cookies, Usage Data, email address, first name and last name.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data. Collected automatically when using this Application.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Application is mandatory. Failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory. Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED CONTINUED.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
The user is responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained. Published or shared through this Application. And confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
MODE AND PLACE OF PROCESSING THE DATA.
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools. Following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge. Involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration). Or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies). Appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties will be made by request from the Owner at any time.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING.
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations. The Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”). Without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing. And in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement. Or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data. Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union. Or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries. Such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place. Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire. With the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner. The User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests. Shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner. Within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner is allow to retain Personal Data for a longer period. Whenever the User has given consent to such processing. As long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required. To do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure. Therefore, the right to rectification. However, the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
THE PURPOSES OF PROCESSING.
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services. As well as for the following purposes. Analytics, Content commenting, Displaying content from external platforms and Managing contacts and sending messages.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing. And about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA.
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Content commenting
- Displaying content from the external platform
- Managing contacts and sending messages
THE RIGHTS OF USERS.
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent. Where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data. If the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner. Obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS CONTINUED.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. And, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data. Is process by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent. On a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
DETAILS ABOUT THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING.
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in. The Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner. Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users should know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes. They can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
HOW TO EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS.
Any requests to exercise User rights will be direct to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner. As early as possible and always within one month.
The User’s Personal Data can be use for legal purposes by the Owner in Court. Or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data. Upon request of public authorities.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT USER’S PERSONAL DATA.
SYSTEM LOGS AND MAINTENANCE.
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record. Interaction with this Application (System logs) uses other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
INFORMATION NOT CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY.
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data will be made as a request from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
HOW THE ‘DO NOT TRACK’ REQUESTS IS HANDLE.
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests. Please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent? The Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
DEFINITIONS AND LEGAL REFERENCES.
PERSONAL DATA (OR DATA.)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information. Including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application). Which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application. This also includes the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier). The time of the request and the method utilized to submit the request to the server. Also, the size of the file received in response. The numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.). The country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User. The various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application). Also, the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited. And finally, other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Application who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
DATA PROCESSOR (OR DATA SUPERVISOR).
DATA CONTROLLER (OR OWNER).
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others. Determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data. In addition, this includes the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
The means the Personal Data of the User will collect and process.
The service provided by this Application as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
EUROPEAN UNION (OR EU).
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union. Include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data stored in the User’s device.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).