A Delicious Dinner for Summer…
Summer is coming and with that, comes summer cooking. I love light lunches and dinners and this artichoke cheese tart is perfect for this time of year.
I love making these puff pastry tarts during this time of year. My Italian tomato tart is one that I get out every year. These types of recipes are so quick and easy to do. Plus, they last a while so they are perfect for creating for lunch during the working week.
This artichoke cheese tart is so delicious. It mixes in all those flavours to create a lovely palette. Now, I went for these flavours becuase I love those Mediteranian flavours. However, with this a recipe where you can swap out the cheese for something else you like. I think a blue cheese would be perfect with the artichoke. In addition, you could go with some tomatoes, anchovies or any other topic that you like.
Artichoke Cheese Tart.
As you will have seen on my instagram stories from last year, we do a lot of alfresco dining and this dish is perfect for that. In fact, when it comes to gatherings and events, this is perfect to add as part of a spread. What’s better is that you can make it in advance and keep it in the fridge ready for when it needs cooking.
Artichoke Cheese Tart
- 1 sheet ready roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup gouda
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- fresh thyme
- ½ jar marinated artichoke hearts
- chilli flakes
- salt & pepper
- honey, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the puff pastry out a little to stretch it and then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Line out the border of the crust.
- Working inside the borders, spread the ricotta cheese. sprinkle the gouda on top. Arrange the thyme and chili flakes on the pastry. Add the artichokes and lightly drizzle over a squeeze of honey. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the cheese is melted.