I Scream, You Scream…
So, Autumn may be officially here, but it’s never too late to try out some new ice cream recipes. After all, no matter what time of the year it is, I fully enjoy having some ice cream for dessert. Recently, having this sweet treat has been ten times easier, thanks to my new ice cream maker.
Now, don’t be fooled. This isn’t your grandma’s ice cream maker. This bad boy has so many settings that allow you to do so many different types of ice cream. Sorbet, gelato and traditional ice cream. You name it, you can have it. What’s more, when you’re making it yourself, you can control the sugar level. So it’s somewhat healthier than store-bought, depending on what you add to your mixture.
Most of our ice cream recipes are simple to do. You simply add your ingredients to your tubs, freeze overnight and then mix. It couldn’t be easier than that.
Ice Cream Recipes for the Whole Family.
Now when it comes to ice cream recipes, I had to make sure I tested some recipes for the whole family. Now, I’m currently ‘milk’ free (dairy-free but I eat cheese) so I wanted to try out some alternative milk recipes, as the ice cream is very dependent on the fat. Turns out coconut cream is perfect for this. Plus, this one has coffee in it. What more can you ask for?
When it comes to my husband, he really likes fruit-based sorbets. He’s a huge fan of blueberries, so this one with honey is right up his street.
And finally, our puppy. Of course, we can not make ice cream without including him. This one is perfect, full of the stuff he likes. Now, he can’t have too much at once, but it’s a nice treat for him every now and then.
Shop Ice Cream Must-Haves.
Dairy-Free Espresso Ice Cream
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 espresso
- 2 tsp almond syrup
- Brew your espresso and add it to your ice cream tub. Mix in the coconut cream and almond milk and stir. Freeze overnight.
- Add your almond syrup and mix it with your Ninja Creami. Enjoy straightaway.
Blueberry & Honey Ice Cream
- 250 g blueberries
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- ¼ milk
- On the stove, heat your blueberries and a dash of honey, until you have a compote mixture. Allow cooling before adding to the tub with Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, milk and remaining honey. Mix it all together. Freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, add your tub to your machine and mix. Serve immediately.
Easy Dog Ice Cream
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Chopped the bananas into small slices. Add along with Greek yoghurt, add the bananas to a blender and mix until a smooth mixture. Add to a tub, along with the peanut butter. Freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, take out and place into your Ninja Creami mixture and select the ice cream program. Serve to your pooch.