The Perfect Salad for the Summer…
I love a good light dish in summer and this peach Panzanella salad hits the spot perfectly. It’s light, sweet and delicious. Perfect for those summer evenings out in the garden. What is great about this is that it is so easy to make. You can prep this in advance or whip it up at a moment’s notice.
You can have the peaches bare, but I love to grill them for a little sweetness. Additionally, you can also swap out the salad leaves and change out some of the veggies. The most adaptable bit is the bread. When making this to photograph, we had some leftover focaccia bread. For this peach Panzanella salad, you could use a french baguette or a simple white loaf to create the croutons.
Finally the pesto. I love the wild garlic pesto, especially if it’s freshly made. However, if wild garlic isn;t widely available to you, then your regular pesto will work for this salad. What’s important is that it is served on a vintage platter (what would your inner coastal grandma do?) I”m crushing on this one from Zara Home, even though I have plenty of serving dishes in my home.
Peach Panzanella Salad
- 150 g rocket leaves
- 3 peaches
- 100 g tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella ball
- 4 tbsp pesto
- extra virgin olive oil, drizzled
- 1 loaf bread
- Turn on your grill to high heat. Slice your bread into chunks and place on a roasting tray and drizzle some olive oil. Place under the grill for five minutes, turning halfway through. Set to on side once your croutons are nice and crispy.
- Slice your peaches and add to a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil. For sweetness, add a little honey or agave and fry for five minutes.
- To dress the serving dish, start with the rocket leaves. Next, chop the tomatoes and add them to the plate. Place the peaches and the croutons and finally, add the mozzarella, tearing pieces and scattering them on the plate.
- Finally, add some dollops of pesto onto the salad and add a drizzle of olive oil. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply