Something Light & Refreshing for Summer…
For me, summertime dining is all about light, refreshing meals. And this honey garlic prawn and bacon salad just hits the spot nicely. Not only is it quick and easy to create, but it’s that perfect amount to be filling. This salad recipe is great for a long summer evening dining outside in your garden, or a side salad for a large gathering.
With this honey garlic prawn and bacon salad recipe, you can totally change it up. If you’re not a big fan of seafood, then this recipe would work perfectly with chicken, your cooking time will be longer. With prawns and diced bacon, you’re not spending hours over the stove, ideal on hot summer days. For that extra saltiness, the feta is the cherry on top of the cake. Combined with the creaminess of the avocado, it’s a dream pair. Alternatively, halloumi is another salty cheese that will work with this salad recipe.
This salad is one that I’m going to be whipping up time and time again this summer. So quick and easy, you know it’s going to be a regular on my Instagram Stories.
Honey Garlic Prawn and bacon Salad.
This salad is also perfect for lunches. Ideally, I would make up a large batch of this in the evening and take some of the leftovers with me to work. To make sure your salad doesn’t get soggy, simply whip up a new salad and take your dressing with you in a separate container.
Honey Garlic Shrimp Salad
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- 500 g raw prawns/ shrimp
- 150 g smoked bacon, diced
- 250 g mixed salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 avocados
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients into a bowl. Wisk until smooth. Taste and adjust with salt & pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the prawns with 1/3 of the dressing, making sure to get a good amount of the garlic. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Add the prawns and cook for about 2- 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your salad. Combined your mix salad and tomatoes in a salad bowl and toss with a little dressing. Slice your avocados and add them to your salad.
- Once cooked, add your prawns and bacon to your salad. Sprinkle over the crumbled feta. Drizzle a little more of the dressing on top. Season with salt and pepper and serve.