Oh, hey there 2018! Did anyone else feel that the year just zipped by?
I’m so excited for 2018! I’m a firm believer in using the new year for fresh starts and goal settings. Not that the new year should put you off starting something here and now- but for me, using the first of January is a great way to count my progress with something that I’m doing.
Such as the blog. Today is the blogs 4th birthday! I started this blog today in 2014 and I’m super proud of the progress that I’ve made (hashtag humble brag). I put a lot of effort into it and I feel it’s starting to pay off. I’m finding my own style, niche and subject that I like to write about. In 2014 I set myself the goal to keep up blogging for a year and I’ve surpassed it. I like goal setting. Which is why I’m setting myself some January Goals.
I want to keep doing a post like this every month, just as a general what I’m up to and what I’m aiming for. Interested in what I’m planning for this month?
01. Join the gym. This is a biggie for me. I use to be really into my fitness (in a love/hate relationship). I stopped going because life got busy and any other excuse I can give for not going. Not anymore. As I plan to live like a hermit for January (I have five family members, including my husband, who are born in January- not fun on my bank!) I have no excuse but not to go a few nights a week to the gym. My aim is to go at least two times and build myself up. Let’s see where I’m come February.
02. Plan a friends night in. Part of my hermit life. My birthday celebrations were so much fun (went to Betty’s for afternoon tea and then junk food & movies at home) and it was one of the best nights ever! I have a free weekend when Lee’s going to Glasgow so I plan to have the girls over for a night in. What could be more fun than that?
03. Complete self-assessment for the blog. I’m incredibly lucky that I earnt a pretty penny from the blog last year. Which means I’ve got to declare. The deadline is 31 January and my aim is to complete this by the second week of January- I do not want to leave it until the last minute. Any help on how to fill it in is much appreciated!
04. Cut out sugar. Sugar is one of my biggest vice (along with gin, cheese and bread) and it’s my aim to cut it out of my diet. I’m not going to go crazy and cut it out of everything- I’m going to do it slowly but surely. The first is to cut out sugary foods- cake, biscuits, sugary drinks. If I can do that by the end of the month, that will be a huge January goal that I’ll have ticked off.
05. Drink more water. Another health biggie. When my gorgeous friend Lauren told me that she drinks about 2/3 litres of water a day I was floored. I’m so bad at drinking water so I’m changing all that this month and going to bite this in the butt! Fingers crossed for me!
06. Improve my knowledge. I love learning new things. Recently I ‘ve been studying for my Google Fundamentals Exam (which I will set a date for) and recently, I was offered the opportunity to test out an online marketing course with NCC Home Learning. I’ll be doing a post on how it’s going in the future, but for now, I’m so excited to start the course and get knuckling down with studying.