FINALLY!! I have finally found a recipe for my favourite snack that is not only sugar free, it is also gluten and lactose free and vegan friendly…
Millionaire’s Shortbread is my ultimate guilty pleasure, however with my healthy lifestyle it’s a no go zone. I scoured the globe, tried and tested my own creations to see if I could find anything that would match up and be accepted by health world.
Finally I came across the perfect recipe that was too good not to share! It’s quick and easy to make and I know you guys will love it!! I must say, I am rather proud of myself for my concoction!!
(Makes 10- 12)
For the Base:
– 2 Cups desiccated coconut
– 12 Medjool dates, pitted
– 1 tsp Water
For the Caramel:
– 1 Cup of macadamia nuts
– 1 Cup tightly packed medjool dates, pitted
– 1/2 tsp Vanilla
– 1/2 tsp Water
For the Chocolate:
– 1/3 Cup of algave syrup/ raw honey (which ever sweetener you choose)
– 1/2 Cup coconut oil, not melted
– 2 tbs Raw Cacao powder
– For the base, put all the ingredients into a food processor and whizz (so technical) until combined. This will take a while so keep at it and don’t give up! Add extra dates if it does not stick after a couple of minutes.
– Once combined press firmly in a lined slice tin (silicone ones are much easier and do not require lining) .Ensure the mixture is even and flat. Place int the freezer.
– For the caramel, pulse the macadamias briefly. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth. It will become smooth so be patient!!
– Remove the base from the freezer and spread evenly on top, ensuring full coverage. Put the tin back into the freezer.
– For the chocolate, place all the ingredients into your processor and whizz it until it’s smooth. Alternatively you can just melt down store- bought chocolate if you cannot get a hold of cacao powder.
– Pour evenly over the top of your caramel layer and put back in the freezer again. After an hour or so, it will be perfect to slice up.
Don’t they look delicious? You can keep them in the fridge and they will be perfect to just grab when you are feeling peckish. Alternatively, you can pop them in your lunch box and it’s your snack ready for your 4.00pm slump!!
If you give this a go, please tag me in your Instagram photos; I would love to see your creations!!